Mission Encounters International is a gospel-driven, charitable organization with a heart devoted to missions. Our primary serving mission is located on the island of Helene, Honduras. Helene is one of the Bay Islands off the Honduras northern coast in the Caribbean Sea. Learn more about our MEI Team and meet our Board of Directors.
Our Focus is on Discipleship
Our ultimate goal at MEI is to disciple others by pursuing relationships to proclaim the gospel and demonstrate the kingdom of Jesus in all areas of life. We believe that this is done through biblical instruction, mentorship, community development training, and simply living life together.
Our Mission is…
• Encountering God
• Transforming lives
• Impacting nations
Our Vision is for…
• Communities of God-led Christians challenged to increased spiritual maturity and passion for the gospel through service, mission opportunities, and authentic worship.(Matthew 28, Romans 12:1)
• Developed cross-cultural disciples by relational teaming. (2 Timothy 2:2, Philippians 1:6)
• Communities of worshippers transformed by Christ and challenged to live relationally healthy and interdependent lives; evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit and their use of spiritual gifts for the advancement of the Kingdom. (Romans 12, Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4:1-4, Galatians 6)
We practice teaming to glorify God through edification of the Body by using trust, conflict, commitment and accountability to gain results.
Because we value integrity, we will uphold our commitment and seek peaceful solutions to our problems. We will be honest and trustworthy in our words and actions as an example of Christ’s character to others. We will not compromise our integrity regardless of situation or circumstance.
We will follow through on commitment, provide complete information, be open with each other, use resources wisely and responsibly, and act in such a way as to protect missionaries, each other and the community in which we are serving.
We will be honest with each other, and without hidden agendas. We will be fiscally responsible by maintaining documentation of actions, decisions, and finances and will share such upon request.
We will follow where God leads us regardless of original plans.
We will be passionately committed to God’s causes and callings on our lives. We will regularly review our purpose and measure progress against His goal and our goals.
Our Strategy is…
Working with businesses, churches, families and individuals so as to direct donated resources for the greatest return. It is such a joy to see lives change as we partner and team together to change the world in which we live.
- • that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God;
- • in the unity and trinity of the Godhead, that God the Father is Sovereign in everything;
- • that Jesus Christ, His only Son, was virgin-born, crucified for our redemption, was resurrected from the dead and will return for His Church;
- • that the Holy Spirit indwells, preserves, and seals every believer;
- • that man is by nature and by choice a sinner in need of a Savior;
- • that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone;
- • that eternal life awaits the saved while eternal punishment is reserved for the lost…