George came to The Outer banks of NC many times before it became his home in 1979. George is currently the Deputy Chief for Dare County EMS and Dare Med-Flight. He was instrumental in developing the medical program for their medevac helicopter. His family and personal business ventures have been diverse and exciting, including: jeweler and jewelry retail, scuba diving training and retail, water sports retail and rental, restaurant, wedding photography, and sea captain.
George resides in Nags Head NC with his wife Paula. They are both members of Nags Head Church and love the Lord. After a visit to Helene in 2008 George grew even closer to God and was blessed with a desire for missions. “I went to Helene to help build a fence for a school yard. Yes, we built a fence, but doing so also resulted in a closer relationship with God and God’s people. My life has been forever changed.”
- Deputy Chief for ground and air medical services Dare County NC
- United States Coast Guard 100 ton merchant marine captain
- Wedding photographer serving the Outer Banks of NC and Eastern NC
- Past Commissioner and Mayor Pro Tem of Nags Head NC for eight years
- Self employed family business since 1975
- Partner at Nags Head Church